Much has been said about the quality of your questions determining the quality of your life.
In the same vane, this can be applied in your business life too.
Here are a few questions which takes a few minutes (2-3 min) to answer which will help reframe and refocus you and your business.
Try answer with the first thing that comes to mind. As this is instinctually the most accurate answer before you start to rationalize it.
- What was the final ‘push’ to make you realize that you needed to act on your gut feel? (Like clickIng through to this article…)
- Whom do you admire in your industry and why?
- What makes you unique and in a category of your own?
- What and Who is your 20% that is contributing 80% of revenue, profit and value (if separate)
- What and Who is delivering the most growth in the short-term and long-term?
- If you could start-over again. What would you do and why?
- What are you world champion at (if I was to ask your colleagues/customers)?
- What assumptions are you making to come to the conclusions to your biggest barriers or blockages in your business?
- What are your complimentary adjacent industries and/or businesses.
- What do those people that you trust say when you ask them, what do I need to be focusing on?
- What does the data say in your business?
- If you could only do 1 thing that had the most impact in your business what would that be?
- What does success look like to you in your business and those that work for you?
- Who has your customers already, contact them to have a coffee to see how you could collaborate for a mutually beneficial win-win outcome?
- What are the 3 things that your customers are saying you are doing right? Can improve on? Would like to see you make/do?
- What was your original vision for the business, does it still make you excited?
- What would be a new vision for the next (x years) that will make you want to work weekends (again)?
- On a blank piece of paper write down a list of your top 10 things that you need to do. Ask yourself, if you could only don1 thing that would make all of these disappear what would that be?
Onwards and Upwards